The challenge this week at Innovative stamp creations was to make 2-4 ATC's with a resist technique. Now I was lucky as I have just done two this week with this technique so here they are...
This was inspired by “Adele” my very cool step-sister-in-law who is now a published writer and who strove to achieve her dream through all the “poo hooing” of the people around her.
Ink crackle background in versamark and clear emboss.
Sponge a mixture of dye inks over (I’ve used red pepper caramel and a little stonewashed adirondacks)
Then I ironed (with paper towel) the background to remove the clear emboss
Stamped “fly” and used black emboss powder
Stamped pen nib on scrap card black embossed and added colour with sponge
Stamped “wings” and sentiments in black onto scrap and coloured with spongeing
Then layered it all up.
Resist methodThis next one was done for the "men" theme at inkurable blogspot - go have a look and join in - there is so much inspiration over there.
On gloss cardstock I stamped the torn paper stamp with versamark and then sponged with esspresso and maybe a little caramel (or butterscotch) for some depth. I then stamped the film strip four times down the length of the card with sepia archival ink. Sentiments are in black archival ink – I used second generation stamping to avoid too much ink from pooling on the gloss and causing the stamp to slip if I pressed too hard.
The slide mount was found at the bottom of the sticker drawer and sanded back, a little plastic peeled back a little, inked with ginger and then some "fire adobe” emboss powder sprinkled over two corners and melted then scratched a little of it off and inked again (it used to be very black and white)
The bottom peice was a chipboard sticker which was sanded back – it had a much easier surface this one. I inked with browns and blacks until I liked it. I stamped the "family" with black but it just soaked in so I put some brilliance white overtop and tried again. The ribbons are a strip of white card, inked black and brown then corners cut and taped on. I like how they look like old dark leather.
This last one was done with a cuttle bug and wax. I think that I scraped candle wax into the cuttlebug first then gave it a bit of a blast with the heat tool, squished it. Sponged and spread esspresso and caramel ink (with plastic) over the top and then stamped with archival ink. Now I don't think it's finished but my dh does, so I'll add to it when just the right thing pops up. I think it needs a long tall key or key hole to go with the opening of creative doors and beginning of artistic journeys... (Edit - I have made the keys from chip board diecuts from my local and I like it - I'll add a photo this evening - let me know what you think...)
Edit - well my dh also prefers it with the keys now that he doesn't have to imagine it. I like the middle picture with the keys on the left so you can see more of the resisting
All stamps used on these ATC's were from Innovative Stamp Creations : About me, ATC elements and art4framesII. go and check them out here
51 minutes ago